Various electronic devices (which shall remain nameless) seem to be developing a reputation for bursting into flames during charging.
Today’s invention offers a way to ensure that such charging can occur safely when unsupervised. It’s a ceramic-lined, airtight suitcase, big enough to accommodate items as large as a laptop+transformer or cordless drill battery unit etc.
This would have a power socket moulded into the casing and accessible from inside (with a cable running outside to a mains socket).
The case would contain temperature sensors and a smoke alarm which would activate an internal halon extinguisher in the event of an overheating problem.